Vanuatu – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution in Vanuatu due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has not issued a Travel Health Notice for Vanuatu due to lack of available COVID-19 data.
Vanuatu has lifted stay at home orders and resumed business operations. Cargo flights, with limited outbound passenger service, and repatriation flights organized by the Vanuatu government are operating on an occasional basis. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Vanuatu.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Vanuatu:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.