Taiwan – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Taiwan due to COVID-19-related travel restrictions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for Taiwan for COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in Taiwan. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Taiwan. Visit the American Institute’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Taiwan.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Taiwan:
- See the American Institute in Taiwan’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Taiwan.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.