New Caledonia – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution in New Caledonia due to COVID-19 .
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Travel Health Notice for Malaysia due to COVID-19.
New Caledonia has resumed most transportation options, (including airport operations and re-opening of borders) and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within New Caledonia. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in New Caledonia.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to New Caledonia:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.