Mongolia – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Mongolia due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Mongolia for COVID-19.
Mongolia has reimposed stay at home orders in the capital of Ulaanbaatar and various provincial centers, and limited in-country transportation options and business operations. Mongolia maintains an almost total ban on the entry of foreigners and has limited incoming air traffic to government-controlled charter flights which have become inconsistent. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Mongolia.
Read the country information page.
If you travel to Mongolia, you should:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.