Kyrgyzstan – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Kyrgyzstan due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has not issued a Travel Health Notice for Kyrgyzstan due to lack of available COVID-19 data.
Land borders remain closed and only limited flights are available. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Kyrgyzstan.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the Kyrgyz Republic:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.