Hungary – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Hungary due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Hungary due to COVID-19.
Limited transportation options are available, and some businesses are operating, usually with significant restrictions. Quarantine measures or entry restrictions are in place for most U.S. citizen travelers. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Hungary.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Hungary:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Hungary.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.