Fiji – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Fiji due to COVID-19-related restrictions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for Fiji due to COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Fiji. Commercial transportation to/from Fiji is not available or only sporadically available. It may be difficult to enter or leave Fiji and travelers should expect delays entering Fiji and/or returning to the United States. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Fiji.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Fiji:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Fiji.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.