Czech Republic – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to the Czech Republic due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for the Czech Republic due to the very high risk of COVID-19.
Most transportation options (such as airports and land/sea borders) are open. Businesses are operating, although some restrictions may be in place. Quarantine measures or entry restrictions and partial border closures are currently in place for certain U.S. citizen travelers. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the Czech Republic.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the Czech Republic:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for the Czech Republic.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued during periodic review.