Botswana – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Do Not Travel to Botswana due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Botswana due to COVID-19. CDC compliant testing for COVID-19 is either not available or results are not always available within 3 calendar days of testing. Travelers should expect delays returning to the U.S.
Botswana has lifted stay at home orders, and resumed some transportation options and business operations. Masks are required in all public spaces. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Botswana.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Botswana:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Botswana.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.